Sunday, April 15, 2007

Is that really who they are?

We've recently been talking about identity online and how people can pretend to be someone else on the internet. I don't really see a huge problem with this but when people pose as someone to get private information out of people that they wouldnt know otherwise brings up an issue of ethics. I don't think it's very ethical when a boy friend or girlfriend poses as someone else to get information that they shouldn't know. But I guess this also brings an issue of trust into the picture. I think that if theres suspicion and someone is lying about a certain situation then I think there is a plausible cause to see if the person is lying or not. The "To Catch A Predator" series i think displayed a good example of posing to be someone online. Catching criminals in the act is something that they deserve especially if it's something as serious as having sex with a minor.

No comments: