Sunday, March 30, 2008

Since When Is This A Sport??

I was perusing the Internet the other day trying to kill some time over break and I stumbled across a website that had video of people covering a professional video game tournament. You can check out the website here. I just found it interesting because I enjoy video games and I can't believe that they are covering gaming tournament and considering them to be a sport now. They also have a 30 minute segment devoted to video game news with a "Sportscenter" kind of feel to it. I am a huge fan of sports center and my favorite part is the "Top Ten Plays" which is a showcase for the top ten plays in all of the sports. Well now they have a top ten section for just video games. Although I don't expect to see the two being mixed in the future, I think that its refreshing to see that people are taking gaming seriously. The ESPN videos can be found here.

2 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

FYI- You need to beef up your blog entries with substance & detailed reflection and get it up to speed with timely, regular entries. We've talked about this problem repeatedly. So what's up?

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

YOU NEED TO GET ON THIS WEBLOG THING ASAP and really dig into it or you put all your capstone work at risk.